Friday, July 27, 2007

Our New World



Well, I am officially in love again!

Ethan is beautiful, healthy and already a good sleeper. He sleeps a five hour stretch at night - just so his mommy can have some good rest - I think he loves me too! He is a deep thinker. During his awake time he's captivated with his "friend the fan" and the headboard to our bed. Both fascinate him with the contrast of dark brown against the light-colored ceiling and walls. He wrinkles up his forehead and just stares in wonder. He likes being sung to as well as being snuggled. If you want him to wake up, just lay him down!



Ryan and Emily are precious with Ethan. They keep calling him "Buudddeeee". Scott and I are trying not to pick up on it, but find ourselves mimicking them. Em will hold Ethan for 30 minute stretches, just as happy as can be. Ryan prefers the 2 minute hold, but stops by for lots of check-ins and kisses.



Scott is doing a great job juggling all of us. He took us all in to town yesterday - a trial run for me being out by myself and Ethan's first big outing. I won't tell you where we went, because I still can't believe I took a newborn there. (A sane mom would never take a newborn out to say - Inflatable World? with 300 other kids running around, just ready to share their germs!) Scott was an old pro juggling the stroller, carseat, diaper bag, two older kids, drinks . . .shall I go on?



Thanks everyone for all your prayers, check-ins and for all the yummy meals and treats! We are one spoiled crew! See you all soon,
Cathi

5 comments:

lizzy said...

You have a beautiful family, I can't wait to see Ethan in person.

Charles William Hughes said...

I wish I could have seen you all before I left, but I know I will be able to before long. I hope all is well, talk to you soon!

The Garrison's said...

Oh what beautiful pics! We cannot wait to come over and play! Love the update...keep it comin!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing. Eszti is asking me, when she can hold her little buddeee. :-)

ajstoy said...

Glad to see everyone is getting along. I can't wait to see my nephew. - Alan